SPEAK OUT. TAKE ACTION. Together we can reduce the human & financial cost of prison to women, children & our communities.
By becoming a supporter of Women in Prison you will be
Investing in the support we know works to enable women take control of their lives, giving themselves and their children a better future.
Helping to dismantle a broken system and deliver a legacy of real social justice for women and their families.
Joining a growing movement driven to achieve the 2020 Ambition to reduce the women’s prison population to 2,020 by 2020.
HOW TO DONATE
1. ONLINE: Go to our CharityCheckout site to give a one-off or monthly donation DONATE ONLINE
2. BY TEXT: Text WMPR35 £2/£5/£10 to 70070 (eg WMPR35 £10)
3. BY POST: Send a cheque made out to Women in Prison Ltd to
Women in Prison,
2nd Floor, Elmfield House,
5 Stockwell Mews,
Any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHRISTMAS APPEAL - do not send us your cards
Due to the overwhelming success of last year's appeal for Christmas cards we are NOT running this campaign again this year. Please do NOT send us your Christmas cards. Instead we are asking you to donate what the postage would be to WIP. READ MORE.
WHERE DOES MY MONEY GO?
- £1.50 can buy a bus fare for an appointment, helping a woman with her rehabilitation
- £2 can pay for a woman in prison to receive a copy of our magazine, filled with advice & information
- £3 can help towards our work to enable women to speak out, know their rights & be ambitious for change
- £4 can help towards our freepost so women can write to us when they have no money for stamps in prison
- £5 can buy some basic toiletries for a woman accessing our Women's Centre
- £7 can help towards our advice line for women affected by the criminal justice system
- £10 can buy phone credit for a woman in prison to keep in contact with her children
- £15 can buy some food shopping for a woman released from prison with nothing
- £20 can pay for a drop-in support session for a woman at one of our Women’s Centres
- £25 can buy a basic winter coat for a woman released from prison with no warm clothing
- £50 can buy a basic set-up (kettle, bed sheets, towel, set of crockery, cutlery) for a woman being housed
- £50 can pay for a woman to be met at the prison gate by WIP and supported on her day of release
- £100 can buy a day of 1-1 advocacy for a homeless woman to get housed – making the difference between street homelessness and a safe place to stay
DONATING YOUR TIME & ARTS, CRAFTS & GOODS
We have been overwhelmed with arts and crafts donations recently and are so grateful for all the support shown to us. However, due to lack of storage space we regret that we cannot currently accept any physical donations to our London office. Please look back for changes.
If you live near Manchester or Woking and would like to make a donation locally then please contact the centres directly to discuss the logistics:
Women’s Support Centre (Woking): 01483 726 621
WomenMATTA (Manchester): 0161 232 1778
We are so grateful for the commitment and time given by our amazing volunteers at WIP. We want to ensure that all our volunteers get as much out of the experience as they give to WIP and to do this we unfortunately do not have the capacity to offer opportunities immediately to everyone that contacts us.
Please note that all volunteering positions are restricted to women only as an occupational requirement under the Equality Act 2010. WIP strongly encourages applications from women from minority ethnic groups and women with direct experience of the criminal justice system.